We are developing approaches to analyse the brain data we record from infants, including Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), electroencephalographic (EEG), and physiological data. As infant brains develop so rapidly in size, shape and composition, we face unique data analytic challenges that require novel solutions. Our analysis techniques enable us to use infant's raw brain data to create:
- signatures of pain-related brain activity.
- predictors of drug efficacy.
- maps of the developing connections within the brain.
- markers of the communication between different brain areas.
- new approaches to combine data recorded from different centres and to techniques to strengthen our insights and enable translation to clinical contexts.