We are developing new approaches to analyse the data we record from infants, including Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), electroencephalographic (EEG), and physiological data. As infant brains develop so rapidly in size, shape and composition, we face unique data analytic challenges that require novel solutions. Our analysis techniques enable us to explore:
- signatures of pain-related brain activity
- predictors of drug efficacy and safety
- maps of the developing connections within the brain
- markers of the communication between different brain areas
- the relationship between breathing and brain development
- new approaches to combine data recorded from different centres and techniques to strengthen our insights and enable translation to clinical contexts.